ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Funky, fresh and functional, COV is a cutting edge salon dedicated to raw simplicity and originality, constantly driven by people and their beautiful varieties.
We are consistently creating quality no fuss hair that’s all about the individual, exactly as they are. We pursue the un-done, endlessly seeking out new innovation and forms of creativity. We understand hair to be more than silent follicles waiting to be snipped, but rather something powerful that can define us, brand us, and change us. It is a vessel of self-expression, and must be treated with respect, skill, and a serious splash of celebration.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a hair stylist who can work fast, diligently and engage with both the customer and the team. Ideally, we are seeking someone with experience in free hand balayage/highlight, a strong history of colouring and also cutting. We would love someone vibrant with an enthusiastic approach to industry standards and expectations - COV is all about fun and functionality - with a no fuss approach.
At COV we also place extreme emphasis on personal presentation as well as customer service, therefore - no matter how cool you are - we value the way our customers feel and expect our hairstylist team to represent our brand and ethos.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Our approach to innovation, creativity and a serious emphasis on diversity.
- Creating a space where staff can perform, learn and innovate.
- Opportunity to grow within the business
- Working with a young, vibrant and dynamic team who respect and encourage one another.
- Evolving and on-going education, personalised to the individual and their needs.
- Working with industry leading brands, such as La Biosthétique for colours and retail products, Oribe, R+Co and Chritophe Robin.
- Opportunity to build a strong clientele
- Motivating annual salary
- 40% off in store products
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience as a hair stylist
- Freehand balayage and highlight
- Versatile approach to colour and cut.
- Extremely comfortable cutting on dry hair for textural and structural work
- Likes to be pushed and challenged in the working environment
- Strong experience and engagement with customer experience and service.