Alarah Hair studio is an award winning, larger-than-life salon that has gone from strength to strength since opening our salon 7 years ago. We have 2 locations in St. Kilda and Bayside and both salons offer an exceptional service and EXPERIENCE for everyone that walks through our doors.
We are so proud of our industry reputation, team culture, staff retention, performance and the awards we have won because of this, including Hairdresser of the year, Colourist of the year and various other industry association awards.
We have extremely ambitious growth plans and due to our continued growth, we are now accepting expressions of interest for senior stylists across the Bayside/St Kilda area, that have a vision for a long-term career with us.
What it would be like to work for us:
This opportunity will mainly see you providing high level consultations with clients and providing services that will ensure clients walk away feeling amazing.
You will also be:
- Performing creative colouring and cutting services for both male and female clientele
- Expertly recommending home care needs
- Ensuring a smooth-running day by working according to treatment times
- Occasionally assisting with Reception/Administrative duties
- Providing outstanding customer service to all clients in the salon
- Contributing to social media content
- Assisting your fellow team members and contributing to a bustling, fun and exciting team culture
Who we are looking for:
At Alarah, we are not just looking for experience, we are also looking for someone that fits into the incredibly vibrant and fun atmosphere that we have worked so hard to create.
- You are a qualified senior stylist with experience that is ready to take the next step in your career.
- You are creative, fun, and VERY passionate about what you do.
- You are confident, self aware, and able to identify where you require further training.
- You are helpful, generous, kind, caring and very good at listening to your clients and fellow team members.
- A minimum 2 years of experience would be highly favourable.
Benefits of working with us:
- Wages are paid above award and commensurate on experience, plus we have a very achievable commission structure that is easily tracked.
- Fortnightly (paid) education days are available for all staff. In addition, each year team members can select training opportunities from the supplier schedules to ensure you are kept abreast of the latest trends and techniques.
- Sunday/Mondays off, early finishes on Wednesday and Friday, and an EXTRA-Early finish on Saturday.
- Closed Public Holidays
- Enjoy a week off during the Summer to ensure you are refreshed and ready for a new year.
- Parking available in the area as well as close proximity to public transport.
- Regular team get togethers to make sure we’re all able to spend quality time together outside of work.
- Fortnightly team meetings, and regular one on ones to ensure team members are happy and thriving in their roles.
Click ‘apply now’ to submit your up-to-date resume!