Position Profile – Salon Manager / Coordinator
This job description will vary between salons, clinics or spas, but in a nutshell, a Salon Coordinator or Manager is the heart beat of a business. If you’re one of those people who are super organised and efficient, with a love for systems and order, this could be your dream role – and you don’t even need to be a hairdresser or beauty professional!
The Salon Coordinator supports the business owner by managing the daily operations and logistics of beauty, spa and hair salons. They also work with the hairdressers, therapists or barbers to ensure their day runs smoothly and that clients are happy.
This person might run reception, answer the phone, supervise appointment and cleaning schedules, coordinate staff, do social media posts, take payments from customers, order stock, sometimes even sell retail products for the clients to take home based on the recommendations of their stylist. They may also welcome guests and attend to customer complaints or enquiries.
This is predominantly a customer service and administration role. Some salon coordinators pay bills, run errands, do banking… the list of jobs really depends on the requirements of each salon, clinic or spa business. Many say it’s the most important job of all!
What do I need to suit this job?
- Sound knowledge of salon software.
- Proficiency in administrative computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Consistent professional presentation and pleasant personality.
- The ability to remain calm in pressured situations.
- Exceptional organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Strong sales and marketing skills.
- Good leadership skills.
For all of our current vacancies, or to upload your CV so that potential employers can contact you, please visit our website.